Sunday 11 September 2011

I bunched, I braided, I banded…………

……..and carried out my first wash. I had no choice but to wash early because my scalp was a mess. A flaky itchy mess! Never mind that instructions were to wait at least two weeks. I was meant to get a wash at my first review, 2 weeks after installation. I took the plunge, reasoning that I ought to minimise the flakes in case they become unsightly build-up. Sweet relief!! Oh the blessed joys of water on my scalp.
I soaked my hair with equal parts water & apple cider vinegar and then shampooed twice with the SL starter shampoo. The reversal of the ACV rinse was my attempt at loosening and lifting as much flaking as possible. I am not entirely flake free but boy my scalp feels good.
I think I did a good job of washing my locks. I haven’t noticed anything untoward in terms of slippage or unravelling. Locks seem to have held up well. I separated locks bunch by bunch and airdried. I got some nice contraction and have a cute (if I may say so myself) TWA effect. I took several pictures of my freshly washed locks to enable inspection. My photos are thankfully not crime scene photos. Just evidence of good work, born of careful bunching and braiding and washing in one direction. However, I will await judgement at my review in 6 days. I will require another wash for this. Remind me again: Is there a warning about too much washing of babylocks??
I am mulling over issues concerning my lock count and lock size before I write about them. I feel unease about both of these.
Pictures to follow.

A very warm welcome to my little blog with big dreams to two new followers (YAY!!)  Kreyola and Lush Locks  . (Click name & link)

No comments:

Post a Comment